We are sorry you were not able to join us for Winter Orientation...
Orientation for new students is optional, however, early academic advising and registration were available to those who participated in our virtual Orientation LIVE! sessions. Since the orientation dates have now passed, we would like to invite you to take advantage of some of the resources SF State has made specifically to prepare you for enrollment in your first-semester courses.
1. Complete the iLearn modules "iLearn 101" and "Advising for Class Registration";
To access iLearn start at SFSU Home page > "Login" (top, right) > click "iLearn" > log in with your credentials > under "Collaborative Sites" click "Transfer Orientation 2020"
[[If you do not see "Transfer Orientation 2020", email New Student Programs at email@example.com so that you can be granted access to the site—include your name, SFSU ID# and indicate that you are a new transfer student]]
These two modules will get you acquainted with SF State’s Learning Management System (LMS) known as iLearn and give you important information to prepare you for registering for classes.
2. Refer to the “Detailed Advising Reference Materials” section of iLearn to review in detail information needed to prepare yourself for your transition to SF State;
This module supports “Advising for Class Registration” by providing detailed instructions and information to help you prepare for registering for your first semester, including suggestions for your major, GE and other additional graduation requirements at SF State.
- Part I: Prepare for Class Registration—learn the basics of navigating your Student Center portal
- Part II: Five Steps for Class Planning—identify the classes you should sign up for next semester
- Part III: Search and Register for Classes—learn how to use our class registration tools
If you need more assistance AFTER completing the iLearn module above, you can find your resources at advisinghub.sfsu.edu:
- Go to advisinghub.sfsu.edu > Under "1st Semester Advising" > find "Click here to find your major" > find your major from the alphabetical list.
- For MAJOR requirement assistance - at the top of this page you will find a "Major Department Website" link with details for contacting the department.
- For GE/University requirement assistance - Visit the college resource center website at the bottom of the page for drop-in and apointment scheduling information.
3. Refer to the “Transfer Students | Resources and Services” section of iLearn to get information about how to get help on a variety of topics including;
- Tution and Financial Aid
- Technology at SF State
- New Student Programs
- Important Dates and Deadlines
- Buying books and materials
- Studnet ID card and photo submission
- And more!